JANUARY 2014 - PRESENT (4+ yrs)
- Portfolio Drawing Class (for experienced students developing professional/academic portfolios, especially for Orange County School of the Arts [OCSA]; 75% OCSA acceptance rate, 2015 - 2018).
- Beg./Interm./Adv. Drawing and Sketching Classes. (i.e. specializes in teaching drawing fundamentals using dry media techniques, like graphite, charcoal, colored pencil, ink pens, markers, etc.)
- Plan original long- and short-term curriculum for a wide range of drawing/sketching classes, plus private and semi-private lessons. (e.g. grades K-3, 4-6, 7-9, adults, summer camps, etc.)
- Multi-media Teaching Assistant. (i.e. help other instructors teach students, make project samples, re-stock supplies, set up, clean up, etc.)
- Substitute Teacher.
- Administrative Assistant. (i.e. help front desk with miscellaneous tasks, like taking payments, record-keeping, class attendance, e-mails, e-newsletters, ordering supplies, etc.)
JUNE 2008 - OCTOBER 2018 (10+ yrs)
MISSION VIEJO, CALIFORNIA
portrait artist (FINE ART)
- Illustrate portraits of various clients; specializes in people of all ages, but also accepts animal or pet subjects.
- Recreate portraits directly from photo reference, or reimagine to create entirely new and original compositions.
- Use a variety of fine art media and techniques designated by client. (i.e. graphite pencils, charcoals, watercolor paints, markers, etc.)
- Specializes in photo-realism illustration style with impressionist accents.
- Personally consult with clients throughout illustration process to make sure all needs and expectations are addressed/met.
- Matt and frame final artwork at client’s request.
- Package and deliver final product.
- Create extended series of multi-media fine art portraits of visual kei Japanese-rock musicians; use to help educate local communities about traditional and modern Japanese pop culture.
- Make large-volume prints out of original artwork; also make promotional keychains and various business cards.
- Design and set up booth/art displays. (i.e. purchase supplies, transport equipment, maintain inventory, etc.)
- Manage all business finances. (e.g. multiple budgets, price points, sales records, taxes, supply and product inventories, etc.)
- Help promote, sell and distribute tickets for local Japanese-rock concerts and screenings by partnering with Kawaii Kakkoii Sugoi representatives.